Friday, January 27, 2017

I Wish You Peace





I sat in my girl cave, pen in hand, trying to decide whether to draw a pumpkin or a leaf. Fall was in the air and I was feeling the urge to draw the season.....


 "Draw a floral arrangement." a still small voice whispered.


"I don't want to draw a floral arrangement I whispered back." with a little more attitude than the occasion required. I continued looking at fall paintings needing inspiration.


"Draw a floral arrangement." the insistent voice urged a little louder.


With somewhat of a huffing sound I put my phone down and began drawing a floral arrangement.  When I woke the next morning the still small voice whispered.....


"It is called "I Wish You Peace", and this is what I want you to do with it. Then things became perfectly clear.


I hate it/love it when that happens. I hate it because my first impulse is to run. I mean.... How foolish would I feel if I mailed it to someone and they didn't want it? What if they thought I was silly (foolish) for thinking that instead of dropping them a "I'm thinking of you card" I sent them a drawing. Then I think..... What if I did it and it made them smile? What if it let them know that not just me, but someone much higher than me saw their situation and He wanted them to know....  He saw them?


Tomorrow is the 3rd anniversary of my Mother's death. To those who have lost someone they love.....


I WISH YOU PEACE





No comments: